WUKA - Which model should I choose?
Which period panties should YOU choose? Read along in this guide - we ourselves have a lot of experience with the panties.
There are different "flows" on the menstrual panties - respectively light, medium, heavy and super heavy. The flow reflects the absorbency and thus the thickness and quality of the absorbent layer, so the more you bleed, the thicker the absorbent layer. You must therefore use a panty that suits how much you bleed and where you are in your period.
Light absorbency - can contain around 7 ml, which corresponds to approx. 1 tampon. Particularly suitable for days with spotting up to and just after the end of menstruation. The recommendation is to use the panty for up to 8 hours, but it can often be used for longer.
Medium absorbency - can contain around 15 ml., which corresponds to approx. 2-3 tampons. The recommendation is to use them for up to 8 hours, but you know your body best, and therefore it is also possible that you can use them for a longer time before changing.
Strong absorbency - can contain around 20 ml., which corresponds to approx. 4 tampons. The flow is suitable for the time when your period peaks. The recommendation is to wear the panties for up to 8 hours. But again it depends on your own judgment.
Super Heavy flow:
Very strong absorbency - can contain around 60 ml., which corresponds to approx. 12 tampons. You can wear the panties for up to 12 hours, and "super heavy flow" is therefore suitable for you who bleed a lot or as, for example, postpartum panties, for long shifts at work, etc. Eq.
Once you have decided on the flow, it is time to look at the fit of the menstrual panty and what suits your needs. Here we review the different types of fits.
(NOTE - always remember to see our size guide before you buy - there is a big difference between the different models.)
WUKA Bikini - a basic menstrual panty that most people like
Don't let the name fool you, the bikini period panties from WUKA are not swimwear, but organic cotton panties shaped like bikini panties.
It is a very "basic" and discreet panty with a fit that sits well on most abdomens and buttocks.
- Bikini describes the shape, which is a basic panty that fits most people.
- The fabric is wonderfully soft, and it is really nice to wear and discreet.
- It is made of GOTS-certified, organic cotton, which ensures that the material is without pesticides etc., and those who made the panties have had proper conditions.
- Available in "medium flow" and "heavy flow."
WUKA Hipster - a basic menstrual panty with a high gusset (good for nighttime)
One of the other more discreet and basic models is the hipster. Unlike the bikini model, it has a high wedge with the absorbent layer, which goes all the way up the back, so it's really good to sleep with.
The hipster is the cheapest of the different models, as it is made of regular cotton (instead of eco-cotton like the bikini model). It is precisely made in that material so that everyone can afford it.
The hipster is cut slightly lower in the legs and has a more low-waisted fit than the bikini model.
- The hipster panty has a gusset that goes all the way up the back, so it's really good to sleep with.
- The Hipster brief is popular among our users as it is the smallest, cheapest and most discreet. · It is made from the softest and most delicious BCI-certified cotton.
- Available in "medium flow" and "heavy flow."
WUKA Hipster Lace - the hipster model made beautiful and elegant with lace
WUKA Hipster Lace is an opportunity to make menstruation even more elegant and delicious. It's a brief that has the same fit as the regular hipster model, but instead has elegant lace on the sides.
If you are into delicious lingerie, then you can't tell the difference with the Hipster Lace model.
- Hipster Lace is popular with our users as it is elegant and fits well on the butt.
- It is made of the softest and most delicious BCI-certified cotton, while the lace is made of nylon and spandex.
- Only available in "medium flow".
WUKA High Waist - luxurious period panties with a high waist
High waist is, as the name says, with a high waist, but the panty is super soft at the same time, as it is made of the most delicious and very environmentally friendly tencel, which is based on wood fibres. It is also available in many types, which can suck a little or a lot. High waist is a luxurious model with good materials and stretch, which provides a good fit if you want to flatten the stomach, for example.
- WUKA high waist is a luxurious model with a high waist and mesh on the sides
- The panties are made of the softest tencel.
- It is wonderfully elastic (up to 45% stretch in the waist).
- Available in "medium flow", "heavy flow" and "super heavy flow".
WUKA High Waist Lace - feminine period panties with high waist AND lace
If the high waist model is a luxury panty, then "WUKA High Waist Lace" is even more luxurious - at least for those of you who love lace and lingerie. These delicious menstrual panties are provided with a beautiful and feminine lace edge on the sides, while the high waist provides a good fit for many women.
- WUKA High Waist Lace is a luxurious panty with lace and a high waist.
- The panties are made of GOTS-certified organic cotton, while the lace is made of nylon. "GOTS certification" means, among other things, that the cotton is grown without the use of pesticides.
- Only available in "heavy flow".
WUKA Midi Brief - all-round and popular menstrual brief with a sporty edge
The so-called "Midi Brief" model is one of the most popular models (so far) in England. We assume that it is because, like the high waist, it is made of the most beautiful tencel material. In addition, the cut is something in between the high waist and the bikini model, i.e. that it has a slightly high waist, but less than high waist.
In addition, the model has many different types of absorbency, and there is even a smart edge with WUKA's name on it, which makes the panties a little sporty in appearance.
- The fit is "midi", i.e. halfway between a regular brief and a high waist, and there is a smart edge with WUKA's name on it.
- The material is FSC-certified tencel™, which is wonderfully soft, delicious and really nice and practical to wear.
- Not least, the fabric is an environmentally friendly choice, as tencel is based on wood fibres.
- Available in "light flow", "medium flow", "heavy flow" and "super heavy flow".
WUKA G-string - menstrual panties as a g-string
If you are one of those who love to wear a thong, the WUKA Thong is for you. It is made of delicious, soft, BCI-certified cotton, but is otherwise fairly basic in appearance and fits the vast majority of bodies.
However, the menstrual g-string from WUKA can only take a "light flow". Then if you bleed more, you can possibly use it with a menstrual cup for ultimate protection.
- The fit is good for most bodies.
- It is made from the softest and most delicious BCI-certified cotton.
- Only available in "light flow."
WUKA Boxer shorts - sporty and practical boxer shorts for the active menstruating woman
If you are very active and play sports, WUKA Boxershorts are a good choice. The briefs look and feel like a pair of "real" boxer shorts, which also makes this model popular with many.
It consists of the delicious, FSC-certified tencel™, so it is also an environmentally friendly choice. However, the panties are only available with one absorbency (medium flow), which corresponds to 2-3 tampons.
- The boxer shorts are really soft, delicious and practical - and good for those who play sports.
- The material is FSC-certified tencel™ and is therefore also an environmentally friendly choice.
- Good as a replacement for incontinence pads, as they suck with a high wedge at the front (but the rest of the models can also be used for this purpose).
- Only available in "medium flow."
WUKA Swim - the menstrual panties for the swim
If you have to go swimming in a pool or on the beach, there is also a period panty that doubles as swimming trunks: WUKA Swim.
The swimming trunks are also so discreet that they can also be worn under your normal swimwear.
- The menstrual bathing briefs are made of recycled nylon.
- Are made of very thin fabric, so they can be worn alone or under swimwear.
- Only available in "light flow."
STILL IN DOUBT?
If you are in doubt as to whether menstrual panties are the right choice for you, or just need guidance on which size or model to choose, you are very welcome to write to us at email@example.com