Guide: Make your own moisturizer
Make your own natural moisturizer with a few clean and delicious ingredients. It doesn't take long to conjure up an organic, homemade moisturizer that your skin will love. The moisturizer here is so pure you could actually eat it. However, it does not taste very good, so we recommend that you instead let your skin benefit from the nurturing and moisturizing properties.
You need that for 100 ml of homemade moisturiser
- Kitchen scale
- Refractory glass
- Stirring stick
- 100 ml container, preferably in aluminium
- 25 g organic beeswax (If you want to make a vegan version, you can replace the beeswax with one of our other types of wax, soy, coconut or rapeseed wax)
- 25 g organic virgin coconut oil
- 50 g organic almond oil
- 5 drops of organic vitamin e oil
- 5 drops of organic tea tree oil
Course of action:
- Put both beeswax, coconut oil and almond oil into the fireproof glass. Fill the pan with a little water and place the fireproof glass in the pan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all ingredients are melted.
- Pour the liquid into the aluminum container and let it cool down a little while you stir it a little bit from time to time. As the liquid cools, it will become firmer and creamier, and when it is, add vitamin e oil and tea tree oil while stirring the cream.
- When the cream is at room temperature, it is ready to use and you can put the lid on. The cream lasts approx. 6 months before it should be discarded, as it does not contain a preservative. If you stick to making 100 ml at a time, and if you are happy with the cream, it will most likely be used before you pass the 6 months.
Why make your own moisturizer?
Because it's first and foremost fun to create something yourself, but also because it's great to know exactly what the cream you apply to your skin actually contains. You can easily experiment with different oils in the recipe and, for example, use jojoba oil instead of almond oil or use other essential oils than tea tree oil. Have fun making your own moisturizer!